Having a baby can mean so many changes for your household. There are often many new things required to care for a newborn and the thought of a photographer entering your space in those first few weeks can be overwhelming, I know. So here are a few tips for how to prepare:
- You’re space is a reflection of you. It’s where you should be most comfortable, therefore my feeling is, you shouldn’t change much. Maybe pick up things that wouldn’t usually be out but otherwise, leave it alone. If I feel like something might be distracting to the images, I’ll move it.
- Think about the rooms in your home that have the most natural light or the most meaning to you. Do you love the babies nursery, lets shoot there.
- Keep you babe happy, feed, changed and snuggled.
- Take it easy. Wear a solid colored top and bare feet, if that’s what you do at home.
- Have older kids? Let them play a bit or watch while I work with your newborn. Letting them watch builds a level of trust that will translate to beautiful images when it comes their turn in front of my camera.
- If you have concerns about your space, message me. We can certainly find away to make your space work.
Are you expecting a baby? I’d love to provide you with images that will bring you back to these fleeting days. Click here to tell me your due date.